Encina Business Credit is one of the country’s leading independent asset-based lending platforms that provides financing to middle-market borrowers in the U.S. and Canada. The firm provides revolving lines of credit and term loans ranging in size from $10 – 125 million that are secured by collateral such as accounts receivable, inventory, equipment or real estate.
Encina lends to both privately-owned and publicly traded companies across a range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, automotive, oil & gas, services, distribution and consumer products.
EBC is funded and partly owned by an affiliate of Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Westport, Charlotte, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Houston.
EBC is looking for a full time Business Development Officer responsible for the origination of new asset-based lending business. The role will be located in Dallas or Houston and will be responsible for Central Region coverage of Texas and its contiguous states, reporting to our Central Region Leader — Tron Allen.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for calling and meeting with referral sources that generate asset based lending opportunities ranging in size between $10-$125MM. Referrals sources of new business typically include private equity firms, financial advisors, turnaround advisors, and commercial banks.
- Strong communications skills, with ability to present to CEO/CFOs of prospects, and their advisors.
- Possess an extensive network of external referral sources that include private equity firms, financial advisors, turnaround advisors, and commercial banks.
- Capable of efficiently evaluating new deal information, analyzing key aspects of the opportunity, and able to prepare a thorough and insightful “prescreen” analysis for consideration by EBC management or Risk.
- Able to produce clear and concise oral and written work product
- A strong work ethic and the desire to exceed aggressive goals
- Collaborative team player
- Solid proficiency in Excel & Power Point, and the desire to embrace EBC’s CRM software (Salesforce)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 15 years of related experience, with 10 years or more in ABL industry
- Risk background strongly preferred, but not required
- Able to demonstrate prior business development track record in ABL market
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to tallen@encinaBC.com
To apply for this job email your details to tallen@encinaBC.com